We are pleased that you are interested in a position in the Berwick Area School District. This is an excellent school system in which to work, and we are continually seeking outstanding people to join our staff.
In order for you application to be considered by our administrators, you will need to provide us with the following materials:
1. APPLICATION- It is essential that the names, addresses and telephone numbers of your references be current because we will be contacting those individuals. Applicant must possess a High School Diploma or GED.
2. Act 24 - This standardized form (PDE-6004) has been developed by the Pennsylvania Department of Education, pursuant to 24 P.S. §1-111(j), to be used by current and prospective employees of public and private schools, intermediate units and area vocational-technical schools for the written reporting by current and prospective employees of any arrest or conviction for an offense enumerated under 24 P.S. §§1-111(e) and (f.1).
3. ACT 34 CRIMINAL RECORD CHECK - Section III of the Pennsylvania School Code requires that applicants provide us with original Criminal Record Check (dated with the last year) information from the Pennsylvania State Police. This form can now be accessed through the web at https://epatch.state.pa.us with a credit card. Applicants who reside outside the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania must submit a copy of the Federal Criminal History Record Information from the Federal Bureau of Investigation. If you have problems/questions, please call.
4. Act 114 (FBI Criminal History) - Fingerprinting and an FBI report are mandated by Act 114 of 2006, Section 1-111 of the PA School Code.Pennsylvania
Supporting the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, IdentoGO Centers are operated by IDEMIA (transitioning from MorphoTrust), the global leader in trusted identities. Today, the company partners with many federal, state and local government agencies as well as businesses covering a variety of industries that count on us for the secure capture and transmission of applicants’ fingerprints. We proudly serve millions of customers each year in our nationwide network of locations.
IdentoGO Centers provide convenient, professional environments for live scan (electronic) fingerprinting services, which are delivered by trained Enrollment Agents. IdentoGO is the exclusive live scan fingerprinting provider for the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and is a certified FBI Channeling Agent.
For answers to FAQs and information about the PA supplier transition, click here.
Many PA Enrollment Centers are already active, and more will be opening soon. See the list of locations and Go Live Dates.
5. ACT 126 (if applicable) Child Abuse Recognition and Reporting Training for Mandated Reports requires professional development for all school entities in four specific areas: the recognition and reporting of child abuse, the Pennsylvania Educator Misconduct Act and the maintenance of professional relationships with students.
ACT 151 CHILD ABUSE HISTORY CLEARANCE-The Child Protective Service Act was amended in 1994. Candidates for employment are required to submit to us a copy of the Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance form (dated within the last year) from the Pennsylvania Department of Welfare. This application can now be accessed through the web at https://www.compass.state.pa.us/cwis/public/home with a credit card
ACT 168 Sexual Misconduct/Abuse Disclosure Release This form must be submitted by all individuals applying for a position within the Berwick Area School District. Applicants must fill out a separate form for their current employer and any previous employer with which they had direct contact with children (e.g., school districts, day cares, etc.). Applicants should fill out the top section of page one and also Section 1 which is on pages one and two of the form. Applicants who do not have any applicable employment must still complete Section 1, but should check "No applicable employment" in the box at the top of the first page. Form located on our website, under employment tab.
The Berwick Area School District will not discriminate in its educational programs, activities, or employment practices, based on race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, handicap, or any other legally protected classification. Announcement of this policy is in accordance with the state and federal laws, including Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Sections 503 and 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973.
Employees and participants who have an inquiry or complaint of harassment or discriminations or who need information about accommodations for handicapped persons, should contact Frank Sheptock, Title IX Compliance Officer or Wendy Kupsky, Section 504 Compliance Officer, Berwick Area School District, 500 Line Street, Berwick, PA 18603 (570) 759-6400. If you have any questions about our application procedures, please feel free to contact the Administration Office at (570) 759-6400. We look forward to considering your application for employment.
PLEASE SUBMIT ALL THE PREVIOUSLY MENTIONED MATERIALS TO:
BERWICK AREA SCHOOL DISTRICT
500 LINE STREET
BERWICK, PA 18603
***Local Fingerprinting Sites: University Store - Bloomsburg University The UPS Store #5937 400 E. 2nd Street 572 West Broad Street Bloomsburg PA 18815 Hazleton, PA 18201 570-389-4180 570-455-0994 Children’s Service Center of Wyoming Luzerne IU#18 324 S Franklin St. 572 West Broad Street Wilkes Barre, PA 18702 Kingston, PA 18704 570-301-0937 570-455-0994