The Berwick Cyber Academy (BCA) is an educational learning environment designed to meet the needs of students who desire to pursue their education in a non-traditional format. The Berwick Area School District recognizes the value of online learning, yet it continues to carry the belief that interaction with professional educators truly extends learning to a higher level. The educational program offers an online learning opportunity that includes a variety of interactions with highly-qualified professional educators, guidance counselors, and administration.
- Offer a non-traditional learning environment to the students of the Berwick Area School District that is in line with the district's mission and vision statements.
- Provide students who desire a non-traditional learning environment with opportunities to acquire the education necessary to earn a diploma from the Berwick Area School District.
- Provide students who select the Cyber Academy with balanced educational experiences, academic programs, and interactions with highly-qualified professional educators.
- Establish individualized learning plans for participating students that are consistent with the Pennsylvania Academic Standards and graduation requirements of the Berwick Area School District.
- Provide students with a sense of ownership and responsibility for their learning.
The Berwick Cyber Academy follows the school district's calendar. Students are required to complete work each school day. A MINIMUM of four hours must be recorded to be considered present for the day. Students enrolled in the Berwick Cyber Academy are subject to the same attendance regulations and guidelines as previously stated under "XVII ATTENDANCE REGULATIONS AND GUIDELINES."
All students enrolling in the Berwick Cyber Academy will complete an orientation prior to accessing their courses. This orientation will be in-person.
Mr. Gregory Michael, BHS Principal of Operations, at email@example.com