Kindergarten Registration in the Berwick Area School District is now open. Your child will be eligible for kindergarten if he or she will be 5 years of age by September 1, 2021. All eligible children will complete registration utilizing our online registration portal (click link below):
Use this link if this is your first child attending Berwick School District:
Use this link if you have children already attending Berwick School District:
If you do not have internet access in your home, please contact the Central Registration office at 570-759-6400 for an appointment.
ITEMS NECESSARY TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION:
- Birth Certificate or Baptismal Certificate
- Proof of Residency (i.e. utility bill - sewer, water, electric, etc...)
- Photo ID (driver's license, passport, student ID, etc...)
- Custody or Guardianship documentation (if applicable)
- Berwick Area School District health questionaire and medical packet (see links at right)
The Berwick Area School District's kindergarten sessions for the 2021-2022 school year will be full day.
The Berwick Area School District will not discriminate in its educational programs, activities, or employment practices, based on race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, handicap, or any other legally protected classification. Announcement of this policy is in accordance with the state and federal laws, including Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Sections 503 and 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973. Employees and participants who have an inquiry or complaint of harassment or discriminations or who need information about accommodations for handicapped persons, should contact Robert Croop, Title IX Compliance Coordinator or Pamela Hegland, Section 504 Compliance Coordinator, Berwick Area School District, 500 Line Street, Berwick, PA 18603 (570) 759-6400.
For attendance in all grades, children need the following:
- Four (4) doses of tetanus, diphtheria, and acellular pertussis* (one dose on or after the child’s fourth birthday)
- Four (4) doses of polio (fourth dose on or after the fourth birthday and at least six months after the previous dose)**
- Two (2) doses of measles, mumps, rubella***
- Three (3) doses of hepatitis B
- Two (2) doses of varicella (chickenpox) or evidence of immunity
- In addition: 7th grade students need Tdap booster and #1 MCV
- 12th grade students need #2 MCV
*Usually given as DTP or DTaP or if medically advisable, DT or Td.
**A fourth dose is not necessary if the third dose was administered at age four or older and at least six months after the previous dose.
***Usually given as MMR